Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How can get rid of these two default accounts from my credit report?

How can get rid of these two default accounts from my credit report?
Hey people..I used to live in a property in Leeds and when I moved to my new house I informed British gas that I am moving and gave them my new address for futrure correspondence but for some reason they kept on writing me on my old address for outstanding bills. I only came to realize that I owe some money to British gas when I check my credit report after 1 year. I have cleaerd the payments but it stays on my credit report as 'Satisfied payment' . I just got refused from couple of banks for job becasue my credit history has those two default cases. how can i get rid of those default accounts on my credit report??
Personal Finance - 5 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
pay your bills and call yhe reporting agency tell them they have been paid off and they will remove them
Answer 2 :
they wont take it off till theyre good and ready Mtge companies in USA LOOK back three years on credit.
Answer 3 :
Go apply for your free credit report online challenge it as inaccurate they have 30 or 60 days to reply if they don't reply to the credit agency then they will take it off your record (it's worth a try) otherwise it will roll off in 7 years sorry that's the best I can do.
Answer 4 :
Unfortunately you cant unless you can prove that they are there erroneously. However, they only show up on your credit report for 3 years. After that they are still there, but not common knowledge and not used for any sort of references.
Answer 5 :
only british gas or the county court can order the credit reference agency to remove these entries. write the chairman at british gas explaining the error and demanding the removal of these entries with confirmation in writing. once they've confirmed removal do your own credit search using only experian or equifax (banks don't use anyone else).

Read more other entries :