Sunday, August 7, 2011

What are the best personal bank accounts at the moment?

What are the best personal bank accounts at the moment?
I've just started to work for myself and I'm not making huge amounts of money, but I want a separate bank account for incomings and outgoings. I get cheques from America, so ideally I need a bank who isn't gonna milk me with big fees for cashing US cheques. Any recommendations?
Personal Finance - 9 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Check out http://www.moneysupermarket.com
Answer 2 :
The best "deals" in banking are accounts in banks that don't have a lot of payroll overhead. Electronic banks. Try INGdirect.com
Answer 3 :
go for paypal
Answer 4 :
Look into ethical banking, be different and make your mark in the finacial world early before the big banks suck you in.
Answer 5 :
You can open a US currency current account which will not cost you when you deposit US cheques.
Answer 6 :
Try bankrate.com
Answer 7 :
best thing to do is check out all ur local banks within the ur region and local direct enquires those 2 starting points should get u going goodluck and happy hunting:)
Answer 8 :
Buy a financial magazine from WH Smith, or look in your weekend newspaper.
Answer 9 :
I would agree with Dave H, I use the MSM quite a lot. I just looked at the current accounts page and you should be able to find the right b a for you : http://www.moneysupermarket.com/currentaccounts/

Read more other entries :