Friday, October 28, 2011

How can I set up a fundraising account on a website to an un-registered charity?

How can I set up a fundraising account on a website to an un-registered charity?
Here's the thing, I'm going to mexico in April to build houses for the homeless, I need to raise funds fast and I thought that an effective method would be to set up an account on a fundraising website to have friends and family donate electronically. However I'm not part of a registered charity and nor am I going with them? Any help on finding a website that will let people donate?
Community Service - 3 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
JUSTGIVING.COM. How much do u need to raise? I am also trying to raise money to go and climb kilimanjaro for charity? How long will u be in mexico? email me :-) u can do it through my yahoo.
Answer 2 :
You will have a big struggle because there is no way to verify that you aren't going to scam people out of their money. It may be better if you partner with an established charity.
Answer 3 :
Please see the reply I have given to Emma. The fundraising should be about building homes in Mexico, not sending you on a trip.

Read more other entries :