Friday, November 1, 2013

How can I make cash withdrawals with the consent of the account holder?

How can I make cash withdrawals with the consent of the account holder?
I have befriended an older lady who lives in my street, she has consented to pay me £100 per week if I keep her company, as she is very lonely. She wants to know how she can pay me directly from her account and what needs to be done to arrange this. Can you help her?
Personal Finance - 6 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
she could set up a standing order to your account? a bit tight to let her pay you just for being friendly though!
Answer 2 :
I totally agree with Ruthie. If your her friend why does she need to pay you. If you're keeping her company as way of a job then you will need to declare this to the tax and it will effect any benefits you are on. I am concerned about you tapping into her account!!!
Answer 3 :
I agree with the other two posts. Standing order is the way to go but you use the befriend? Like the two ladies have said, you shouldn't be taking payment for that. Make sure you're not exploiting this old lady's loneliness. Or perhaps that doesnt bother you?
Answer 4 :
Her bank can set up an automatic transfer to your account or mail you a check. I assume by keep her company, she means help out around the house and take her for walks and shopping etc, and on a schedule that works well for her? In that case, the criticisms from other posters here may be less relevant. But do examine your conscience please, and don't let a lonely old lady pay you just to come over and chat once in a while. Karma, remember?
Answer 5 :
please be extremely careful, if one of her family or social services finds out about this you could be in trouble.Please contact Age Concern or Social Services for advice and remember that this income will be taxable - you'll have to declare it and do your own tax returns.
Answer 6 :
Help her? or more to the point help you. I can't believe you're serious!

Read more other entries :