Saturday, December 14, 2013

What time does money go into bank accounts?

What time does money go into bank accounts?
I put a cheque into my A&L account last Friday. I still haven't got my money yet though. Last time I did this, I had it by now. I phoned the bank to find out when I would get it and she said Thursday. It's now Thursday and no sign. Is there a specific time it goes into the account?
Personal Finance - 4 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Depends on the bank the funds must come from. 30 to 10 days
Answer 2 :
All you can do is call your bank, as they are all different with deposits, and computerization methods.
Answer 3 :
there isn't a set time. depending on the bank and the kind of check it is, it can take anywhere from a couple days to two weeks.
Answer 4 :
That all depends on the banking institution. Also the amount is a factor and if it is written on an account from a smaller bank sometimes your bank will wait til it gets paid to make funds available to you.

Read more other entries :